If you are wanting to live that vanlife dream and looking for some helpful resources to get you there, welcome to this campervan guide! You have come to the right place! I spent a couple of months converting my Nissan Vanette (for under $1000) into a campervan for a 3 month summer road trip around New Zealand! Now I am a weekend warrior!
If you are just starting out, looking for inspiration or after specific DIY tutorials I have a heap of tips and tricks to help you! Check them out below 🙂
CAMPERVAN GUIDE: DIY ADVICE
There are so many things you have to think about when building a DIY van. Where do you want your kitchen? What about your bed? Do you want a toilet on board? The questions are the easy part. Actually getting to work is when you figure out all the hurdles there is to jump! But I have (hopefully) made your life a lot easier with a few easy to read DIY guides.
- Find out how I made my budget campervan sink and other campervan sink ideas you could do too!
- Curtains are a necessary part of a van build. Discover how to make easy DIY van curtains!
- Thinking of making a self contained van? Discover how to get your van self contained in NZ!
- And if you are wondering how the heck the van build process goes read this campervan building guide. It will help you with the step by step process and figuring out what on earth you want in the van!
VAN LIVING TIPS
You would think that once the campervan build is done all the hard work stops there, right? Well, it sort of does… depending on how prepared you are!
Of course, there are going to be a few more hurdles to jump through while you are actually living in the campervan! Such as parking dilemmas, breakdowns and so on. Below are a couple of resources that should make campervan living easier for you!
- Before you set off on your adventure it is a good idea to ensure you have everything you need. Check out this helpful campervan guide article on the ultimate campervan packing list for your adventure!
- Sometimes it helps to expect the unexpected. This article on 11 Things you should know about full time van living is an insightful read to learn about what might come up while you are living in a van…
VAN TRAVELLING TIPS
Travelling in a campervan is one of the best ways to see New Zealand. There are endless beautiful campsites to enjoy and roads that take you out of this world. Below are some resources for you to check out to make sure you have the best campervan holiday ever!
- Discover the best places to explore while travelling New Zealand in a campervan.
- Don’t have a van? No worries. Learn about the cheapest campervan rental companies in NZ!
Where to now?
While travelling NZ in a campervan you might like to know about some places to explore! On this blog, I delve deep into the best activities and destinations on offer in each region of the South Island.
Fancy camping next to a pristine golden sandy beach? You will have to check out the Abel Tasman National Park! What about driving one of the most scenic spots in NZ? You have to see the Milford Road! Want to experience rugged and untouched wilderness? The Catlins are for you! Discover more epic adventures here on the blog.
Save the campervan guide images below on Pinterest so you can come back to this article later!